Close

Hybrid View

I think HP is going to launch a new ceramic material invented by Prof. Stephen Hoskins of the Center of Fine Printing Research. They will also launch a 3D printer that prints and paints ceramics in one iteration (before firing). This way, HP will penetrate the $400 billion ceramics market.

Quote Originally Posted by elizo View Post
    I think HP is going to launch a new ceramic material invented by Prof. Stephen Hoskins of the Center of Fine Printing Research. They will also launch a 3D printer that prints and paints ceramics in one iteration (before firing). This way, HP will penetrate the $400 billion ceramics market.
    Just wondering.... what makes you believe this?

I'd think HP would want to cover more materials than just ceramics.

HP will indeed cover a multitude of of materials. However, Prof. Stephen Hoskins invention is dealing with a new ceramic material.
    HP develops a 3D printer which separates printing of the product's core and product's shell. The core is made of a strong material using a certain binder while the shell is made of a different material using an aquaous binder. By separating core from shell, they get a solid product with a smooth multicolor shell .