Close

Hybrid View

We are really just talking about Hot-End's and not extruders, right?

Because at the risk of stating the obvious: If you are thinking of getting a new extruder, you should first decide if you care about Auto_Bed_Leveling.

I just saw some photo's of an extruder that one of the high end 3D-Printer companies use in their printers.

It was super elegant how they built the Z-Probe right into the extruder. They just use the nozzle as the probe. Right now... After seeing those photographs I wouldn't consider an extruder that didn't have the Auto_Bed_Leveling directly supported.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    It was super elegant how they built the Z-Probe right into the extruder. They just use the nozzle as the probe. Right now... After seeing those photographs I wouldn't consider an extruder that didn't have the Auto_Bed_Leveling directly supported.
    Roxy,

we´re basically talking about hotends because the extruder is often depending on the type of printer you use - and I don´t know what type of printer should be used here.

Regarding the suggestions of Auto_Bed_Leveling... I finally managed to get it ready after 2 weeks of hard work and a lot of support from different forums. This is really not a topic for a newbie. One of the biggest issues with Auto_Bed_Leveling is Marlin software, there are some bugs in it which are not easy to correct. Yes, it sounds nice to have one but consider the troubles and find out if you really need it.
    Last edited by ciutateivissa; 04-12-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciutateivissa View Post
    Roxy,

we´re basically talking about hotends because the extruder is often depending on the type of printer you use - and I don´t know what type of printer should be used here.

Regarding the suggestions of Auto_Bed_Leveling... I finally managed to get it ready after 2 weeks of hard work and a lot of support from different forums. This is really not a topic for a newbie. One of the biggest issues with Auto_Bed_Leveling is Marlin software, there are some bugs in it which are not easy to correct. Yes, it sounds nice to have one but consider the troubles and find out if you really need it.
    Meh it doesnt seem that buggy on my machine,
    Its not like its always perfect, but thats more the servo i am guessing as it isnt made to be very precise.
    After that i can't complain, after alot of changing my Z, it finaly works most of the time (Didnt have to change it for 3 days now i guess)