Close

Page 357 of 411 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I was thinking on the WIFI one until I saw the price! No way! The class 10 cards handle data a bit different and I am not sure if they are that compatible.
    When I got the Air Card (on Amazon) it was only $24. The price has increased to $34 since then.

S3D saves a copy of the x3g and gcode at the same time. Up until a week or so ago now I was able to send the gcode to OctoPrint and launch from there. If I wanted to do the SD card I would copy the x3g file to it. There is no extra settings or messing around.
    Now the the gcode fails on OctoPrint. Works fine on SD. I think there was an OctoPi update that preceded the issue. I don't remember changing any S3D settings. Everything looks the same. I will keep digging.

Thanks on the frog. i had torn apart the extruders and cleaning everything and releveled the bed. I like the frog for a calibration test for dual extruding. The color combo just seemed like it would fit. That is only with medium quality setting as well. I think on high with a temp of 200 instead of 195 it will get even better looking.
    The ironic thing is that nothing changed with that file. I had it on the OctoPi which used to print fine from there. Now fails. So I put the x3g on the SD card and it printed perfectly.

Good news is the PrintBite is here. i will install it later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I've not a clue about octoprint. Does octo convert the Gcode into X3G? Can you print correctly when going directly through the USB port from S3G rather than thru the SD card? By the way, that's a good looking frog print. I like the color combo.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

I just got the Toshiba 16 gb WiFi yesterday in fact. I have not set it up yet.
    From what I see it might make itself a pass through to the internet. I am hoping I see a different way to set it up so I can just set it up as a network drive.
    I like OctoPrint better but while I am troubleshooting it I will use the WiFi card to as least send to the SD. I will let you know how it goes when I set it up later.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Anyone still using a WIFI SD card for the printer?

What cards and size are you using?
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Engineer-in-Training
    So, finally get some material to work with, even some potential orders if I can get some prototypes done.

Of course I can't get the machine to print to save my life.

Running some Maker ABS on typical settings, bed temp 110 to start, drops to 80 at layer3, 230 nozzle temp, so on....

Will print to near perfection for about 2-3 hours then just stops feeding material. If I let everything cool and start again (with doing NOTHING between mind you) it will print again for about 2-3 hours then stop feeding material.

I have tried everything. Changed what side I was using, changed nozzle and PTFE tubes, changed the drivers out, Even changed the cable from Mobo to the feeding stepper. Same results after everything.
    I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I solely use the Toshiba Air Card (V3). Only one of them per printer is needed. I manage its content just as you would any other folder containing files. The one I have is a 16GB size, but I doubt I've had more than 2-3 GB of files on it at a time. More files than that and it takes too long to scroll through everything when selecting the file you wish to print.
    I've never tried one of those wireless SD cards, I'll have to look into it. Agreed on the SD card size as well, I had ~150 files on the card and it took forever when I wanted to select a file in the middle.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    I've never tried one of those wireless SD cards, I'll have to look into it. Agreed on the SD card size as well, I had ~150 files on the card and it took forever when I wanted to select a file in the middle.
    Break it up into file folders.

I have a little over 6GB of files (on 8GB SD card) that is all the prototypes for my online shop.

When I put that card in the machine there is 6 folders to choose from...and most of those have sub-folders inside to further speed up me finding what I want to print.

I'm still fighting trying to get the Toshiba SD WiFi to work so I can access it right.
    Fighting with OctoPrint.
    I can't wait to install the PrintBite tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I need some good luck finally.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Have you tried 225 or 220? I've had better luck with ABS at 220 on longer prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    So, finally get some material to work with, even some potential orders if I can get some prototypes done.

Running some Maker ABS on typical settings, bed temp 110 to start, drops to 80 at layer3, 230 nozzle temp, so on....

Will print to near perfection for about 2-3 hours then just stops feeding material. If I let everything cool and start again (with doing NOTHING between mind you) it will print again for about 2-3 hours then stop feeding material.

I have tried everything. Changed what side I was using, changed nozzle and PTFE tubes, changed the drivers out, Even changed the cable from Mobo to the feeding stepper. Same results after everything.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    I'm still fighting trying to get the Toshiba SD WiFi to work so I can access it right.
    Fighting with OctoPrint.
    I can't wait to install the PrintBite tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I need some good luck finally.
    Here is the thread on installing the Toshiba Air Card:

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ped-in-Windows

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post

Syd, is this the same issue that you had before when you were going to sell your QiDi? As I recall, you never identified a cause, the problem just ceased happening for some reason. Does it now happen with both extruders?

Page 357 of 411 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407 ... LastLast