We use both the Digitizer and the Sense in our 3D store, and also stock and sell them (as we do with all my different 3D printers and filament). Something I explain to my customers is that none of this stuff works as well as the web sites would have you believe. It's not like a washing machine where you just throw the stuff in and turn the knob. This industry is still in its infancy in a lot of ways. I also explain to my customers that this is kind of like where personal computers were in the 1980s. Finicky, limited and slow, but advancing rapidly and prices falling rapidly.

That said, both the Digitizer and the Sense have their utility. The Digitizer was overpriced for its capability when it was introduced, and Makerbot quickly realized this and dropped the price quite a bit. Unfortunately they now sell for less than what I paid for my stock, but that is a risk you take when you have a business. Sometimes you lose money. The Digitizer does some items exceptionally well, some items poorly and some things not at all (you get a blob, like some of those images above). The Digitizer excels at small objects that aren't too shiny. Sometimes the cornstarch trick works, much of the time it doesn't. I discovered that completely covering the Digitizer and scanned object during scanning with a large cardboard box to block out all ambient light can REALLY help. Sometimes. It really varies from one object to the next.

If you go to our website and click on "Gallery" then "Scanning and Copying" you will see a number of images of successful scan with both the Digitizer and the Sense. When either scanner only produces a blob, of course we're not going to waste time building it, or uploading it to our thingiverse account either.