Close

Tour The Shapeways Factory

I for one have always wondered what it looked like in Shapeways.com's 3d printing facility. I imagine lines of 3d printers of various types and sizes printing out items one after another, and employees buzzing around packaging them up. Whether that's what goes on in their factory or not, I have no clue, but on March 26th anyone who wants to can tour their new Long Island City factory.

The tour hours are from 2PM to 3:30 PM EST on Wednesday the 26th. The facility is located in Long Island City, near the Hunters Point 7 Train. For saftety reasons they will only allow for 20 participats to take the tour, and reservations are needed.

The Invite states: "Learn how your design idea becomes a product though the magic of 3D printing, meet the team who bring your ideas to life and ask your questions in person."

If you can't make it to this tour, or find out that it is full, Shaeways promises to do similar tours each month. The meetup page for this event is located here: http://www.meetup.com/Shapeways/events/171988542/

I am not 100% sure but the event may be filled up, as it states that 20 people are already attending. Interesting to note 63 people are on the waiting list. I assume that you can join the waiting list and as people drop out you will move up in line.

Technologist
    Really cool! If I was anywhere near Long Island I would be there