Close

Page 321 of 411 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Ya, probably just turn layer retracts off all together. It isn't traveling enough to the next layer to be needed.

With further testing - ABS with retraction settings of 1.4 and speed 50mm/sec with 0 restart and I get a near perfect seam.

Testing PLA with the same except -.25 restart. -.3 was a bit to much.

I wonder why ABS acts so different then PLA? I mean I get that they are two different materials but why does the print plop out the extra at the start of an extrusion and doesn't for the ABS? Is it the viscosity of the material? Maybe I am a little to hot on the PLA (210)?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Ya PLA tends to be a little "runnier" especially when to hot of printing. 1.4 is always where I am at with ABS. What about the other settings like extruder hold? Ever find it?

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    With further testing - ABS with retraction settings of 1.4 and speed 50mm/sec with 0 restart and I get a lnear perfect seam.

Testing PLA with the same except -.25 restart. -.3 was a bit to much.

I wonder why ABS acts so different then PLA? I mean I get that they are two different materials but why does the print plop out the extra at the start of an extrusion and doesn't for the ABS? Is it the viscosity of the material? Maybe I am a little to hot on the PLA (210)?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Ya PLA tends to be a little "runnier" especially when to hot of printing. 1.4 is always where I am at with ABS. What about the other settings like extruder hold? Ever find it?

Just looked, the QIDI has extruder hold and it is set to on.

I couldn't find it on the FFCP but I will look again.

I appreciate that.
    It is good to know.
    Finally had a chance to try again. I slowed the print speed way down to 25 mm/s, cooled bed to 50 and although better I still am getting some funky warping. Not a ton but enough to make me not comfortable with a larger more complex build in PLA.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Yes, of the blower systems I had posted I have actually tried the first and third I listed (copy below). As you had mentioned that the design you favored required that you purchase a second blower and a power splitter, I inferred you were interested in the second of the three I had posted. That particular dual blower design does reduce the Y-axis build volume, and I wanted to make sure that you were aware of that difference. The two that I have tried do not impact the build volume.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1542849 dual rear uses existing blower
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1695189 dual rear reqs 2 x blowers on back
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1716089 Single, uses existing blower, improved ductwork for left blower
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Yes, I am using this feed carriage in one of my extruders. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:857200 Although I have not yet tried Ninjaflex filament in it.

Have you seen any difference over the stock one when using regular PLA or ABS?

Super Moderator
    Ok, so I printed this duct last night. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1597507

Looks ok sitting on the bed! Later I will see how it really came out. Only thing I am worried about is getting all of the support material out of it! Hopefully it will be easier than I am thinking.

Has anyone tried this one http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1716089 Single, uses existing blower, improved ductwork for left blower.

or the original it was designed from? They claim prints come out much better.

I am looking for a dual setup to try a dual extrusion print.

Engineer-in-Training
    Have you seen any difference over the stock one when using regular PLA or ABS?
    I can confirm these carrigaes work for flexi-filaments.

Have run about 150grams of Ninja-flex and about 300 grams of semi-flex with these.
    You should also notice no clogs or jams with ABS and PLA. Have not had a filament based muck-up since I have installed these.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I can confirm these carrigaes work for flexi-filaments.

Have run about 150grams of Ninja-flex and about 300 grams of semi-flex with these.
    You should also notice no clogs or jams with ABS and PLA. Have not had a filament based muck-up since I have installed these.

What did you print them in? ABS or PLA?

What basic settings are you using for printing in ninja and for semi?

Engineer-in-Training
    What did you print them in? ABS or PLA?

What basic settings are you using for printing in ninja and for semi?
    Printed mine in ABS.

For the flexi stuff..nozzle bit hotter than ABS, bed temp close to PLA...REAL slow print speed...even a bit slower than PLA.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    With that extruder plastic I have printed as fast as 60mm/s with a specific combo of components. Jfkansas plastic, the older style drive gear that has teeth from end to end. Teflon lined thermal tube, and a P-3d coated brass nozzle. I haven't been able to replicate these speeds with anything else.

Currently since I am out of P3-d nozzles I am using a Microswiss all metal nozzle, that is mated to a stock thermal tube with PTFE. The PTFE is cut short and inner edge beveled and stops at the top of the Micro Swiss nozzle. Slow speed printing with this, around 30mm/s. But outlines and infill are set to 100% so everything prints at this speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Printed mine in ABS.

For the flexi stuff..nozzle bit hotter than ABS, bed temp close to PLA...REAL slow print speed...even a bit slower than PLA.

Page 321 of 411 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371 ... LastLast