Update
I put a meter on the hotend heater wires where they plug into the Ramps and it reads 11.6 VDC. I started a print from the SD card. While the bed was heating up, the voltage at the hotend heater stayed at 11.6 VDC (of course). When the bed heating was done, with the ABL process started the hotend starts it heating process. At this point I observed the voltage would fluctuate from 2.9VDC to 9VDC (note: while this was going on, the display kept showing a steady increase of heat to the hotend no matter what the voltage dropped to).

I noticed that when the bed heater kicked on (I have the bed relay upgrade) to maintain the bed temp while waiting on the hotend to reach temp, the hotend voltage would drop. So, I'm thinking I may have found my issue BUT...... here is where I thought things got weird. After the hot end heated up to 215 and the bed was at it's temp the print started and the hotend temp maintained 215 degrees UNTIL the printer finished the first layer. When the second layer started the hotend temp started dropping and leveled off at about 183. it would then fluctuate from 183 to around 194 degrees but as you might imagine the filament wasn't going through as needed.

So...power supply???? I would have thought so but I don't see a correlation between the first layer temp being stable and then dropping from the second layer on.

Your thoughts?