Close

Page 272 of 411 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    You never said which belts.

Sorry, the two for the Y axis - left and right side.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I'll have to look but it is should be at the default. I was still having first layer issues but this cube has no bottom layer. The height issue gets worse with taller prints so it seems it compounds by layer.
    The last prints before the meltdown I was getting the sides dialed in pretty good but a 20mm high cube no top or bottom was now 19.8 and that was consistent over a set of six.
    I think the default is 1st layer is 50% layer height. So that might make the difference you are seeing.

Super Moderator
    I think the default is 1st layer is 50% layer height. So that might make the difference you are seeing.

This is one of those "never thought about it" questions but I guess the first layer settings would affect the print even if you didn't have a "bottom" layer.

Once I get this thing back together and hopefully working again, I will get back to tackling this height issue!!

Super Moderator
    What are you guys using to lubricate the QIDI? I bought sewing machine oil because I thought someone said that was good. I am concerned I may have issues with the Z axis rod being a bit sticky. I think that before it was contributing to a layer shift.

The "bearing" on the build table for the "threaded" rod seems like it has up/down play in it. The bolts are tight.

Super Moderator
    There is always a bottom layer, even if it is just an outline. So if it is set to 50% then first layer would be .2mm which is .05mm off from what you are short. And .05mm is acceptable 3d print error, heck .25mm is acceptable 3dprint error even. Most objects you will never notice -.25mm.

Super Moderator
    What are you guys using to lubricate the QIDI? I bought sewing machine oil because I thought someone said that was good. I am concerned I may have issues with the Z axis rod being a bit sticky. I think that before it was contributing to a layer shift.

The "bearing" on the build table for the "threaded" rod seems like it has up/down play in it. The bolts are tight.
    Up and down play in the threaded rod isn't a big deal, the platform weight and gravity hold it down.

You want to use some grease on the linear bearings, not oil. I have a custom mix of some light Mystic lubes grease + 3n1 oil to thin it out a little. A lot suggest SuperLube sillcon but I like my mix better.

Engineer-in-Training
    I am having some serious issues.

Had a print mess up few days ago..made a mess. As a result my left side is unusable...probably have to replace the heating core.

Now I can't get right side to print. Will be fine for few hours then stop extruding material. Have done everything. Changed driver, changed the stepper, cleaned everything, even tried with a new nozzle/ptfe tube. No matter what I do it will print a few hours then stop feeding materials.

I am stones throw away from getting rid of this thing...maybe getting a I3 clone.....

edit:
    Could sell this one for $600-700 and get 2 I3 clones. If the hype is real about that new raptor stuff from MG what is point of working in ABS anyway right? I just don't know what else to do here. I have literally tried everything I can think of. I have slept maybe 8hrs in the past 4 days. Have wasted around 800grams of material. Nothing works!
    Last edited by Syd_Khaos; 08-10-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Super Moderator
    There is always a bottom layer, even if it is just an outline. So if it is set to 50% then first layer would be .2mm which is .05mm off from what you are short. And .05mm is acceptable 3d print error, heck .25mm is acceptable 3dprint error even. Most objects you will never notice -.25mm.

Once I get up and running again I'll get looking at this. The height issue is low on the list of issues right now!!

Super Moderator
    Up and down play in the threaded rod isn't a big deal, the platform weight and gravity hold it down.

You want to use some grease on the linear bearings, not oil. I have a custom mix of some light Mystic lubes grease + 3n1 oil to thin it out a little. A lot suggest SuperLube sillcon but I like my mix better.

OK, I'll look into that. I thought sewing machine oil was supposed to be super light - who knows!

Engineer-in-Training
    OK, I'll look into that. I thought sewing machine oil was supposed to be super light - who knows!
    It is super light but it does not dry.
    You need a lube that will dry. I use a light high-temp silicone based lube that dries in about 2min. If you use something that stays 'wet' you will get tackyness.

Page 272 of 411 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast