Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
    Thanks! I too am frustrated. And the language barrier between Qidi Tech and I just makes technical communication that much harder...

I read about an upcoming official 7.8 firmware... lucky us we are stuck with Qidi Tech's unknown 7.8 version, which could be based on Sailfish version 7.1 for all I know.
    Very true and let me tell you Jetty is not a happy man about shit companies like Qidi making up SF numbers like that. He bit my head off over it so buy a quality printer that uses the real Sailfish or suffer (I am putting that in nicer words than he used on me about it).

As far as the language barrier goes I sincerely think they use that to their advantage and easily understand what we are saying. I know more Chinese can read, write, and speak English than the English can their dialect of Chinese since they go to school and English is the international language of business so China demanded they learn it. Was a wise move imo.

I also don't know if going with the Smoothieware firmware would be better or worse for this printer.
    Better but even a Ramps based controller would be better imo due to no true PWM or Fan speed control currently on the machine, but that is a real SF issue that I don't think will really get fixed from what I have been told.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 07-27-2016 at 04:10 PM.