Close

Page 244 of 411 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Exactly.
    S3D gives grams and print time, I just use that.
    Is that your out the door price or is that a starting cost then a markup to sell?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    The MG Crystal PLA works very differently from their standard Maker PLA line. I've been running the MG Crystal PLA at 230, while their standard PLA I run most frequently at 210.
    I have found on the regular PLA that 190 gives good results with almost no stringing. Even at 195 the stringing is much worse.

I tried the MG Crystal at 230 and pretty heavy stringing. Is this stringing, on either, because of too hot or are my retraction settings crap?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Is that your out the door price or is that a starting cost then a markup to sell?
    That is my out the door price for ABS and normal PLA. I of course just the per gram price if I am using materials that I pay more per roll for.

I typically make $200-$300 USD off a full spool (1000grams) of material and associated print time.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Oh, so you are trying to kill your neighbors then? WOW, lol.

No, seriously, that is far too high for PTFE tubing and lets not forget this tubing is from China so it has all sorts of scraps, and feces, etc... in it so Lord knows what it is doing at such high temps.
    Dude....its plastic fumes, not mustard gas.
    It going through a dual-filter exhaust system designed for things MUCH more harmful and noxious.

Any good maker know this simple fact:
    There is what the label SAYS you can do, and what can ACTUALLY be done....and typically a huge margin between the 2.
    Manufactures have to be overly careful when putting such labels on a product...less they be sued by morons.

Never take a lable at face value, as its probably WAY below what any given thing can actually handle.

Engineer
    I have found on the regular PLA that 190 gives good results with almost no stringing. Even at 195 the stringing is much worse.

I tried the MG Crystal at 230 and pretty heavy stringing. Is this stringing, on either, because of too hot or are my retraction settings crap?
    I'm still at 205-210 with standard MG Maker PLA.
    MG Crystal Red PLA and MG Crystal Yellow PLA seem good at 230, no stringing issues, although they still seem a bit thick.
    I'm running with the S3D default retraction values for the QiDi.

Super Moderator
    I'm still at 205-210 with standard MG Maker PLA.
    MG Crystal Red PLA and MG Crystal Yellow PLA seem good at 230, no stringing issues, although they still seem a bit thick.
    I'm running with the S3D default retraction values for the QiDi.
    I just ran a simple print at defaults for PLA and heavy stringing - blobbing etc. Pretty bad.

Engineer
    I just ran a simple print at defaults for PLA and heavy stringing - blobbing etc. Pretty bad.
    Is that the Crystal?

Super Moderator
    Is that the Crystal?

Yes, that was with the red crystal straight out of the package. I am going to run a decreasing temp test to see where the stringing stops. That is what I did for the PLA and finally found 190 to be good. My concern is if I am getting a good bond at that temp.
    The other thing I am questioning is if the extraction settings are even working on the left extruder. I can turn things way up and see no change in the print.

Engineer-in-Training
    Yes, that was with the red crystal straight out of the package. I am going to run a decreasing temp test to see where the stringing stops. That is what I did for the PLA and finally found 190 to be good. My concern is if I am getting a good bond at that temp.
    The other thing I am questioning is if the extraction settings are even working on the left extruder. I can turn things way up and see no change in the print.
    Been questioning the retraction settings myself.

When I was using the FlashForge profile in S3D the stringing was VERY minimal. Now with the Qidi profile the retraction values are exactly the same, but I see alot more strings, and phantom towers (travel towers).

I have done almost all my PLA prints at about 190c. I can assure you that layer bonding is just fine at that temp. Made a ring for my wife of PLA that has survived 4 months of her work (she a waitress). Also printed a plate-mail shoulder, and had my son smack it with a bat...it didnt even crack..granted he didnt hit so hard as i was wearing the piece at the time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Been questioning the retraction settings myself.

When I was using the FlashForge profile in S3D the stringing was VERY minimal. Now with the Qidi profile the retraction values are exactly the same, but I see alot more strings, and phantom towers (travel towers).

I have done almost all my PLA prints at about 190c. I can assure you that layer bonding is just fine at that temp. Made a ring for my wife of PLA that has survived 4 months of her work (she a waitress). Also printed a plate-mail shoulder, and had my son smack it with a bat...it didnt even crack..granted he didnt hit so hard as i was wearing the piece at the time lol.
    This is something I have not tested in the software but try this and you will see...tell your slicer to do 10mm of retraction and print something and watch the filament in the back. I can almost guarantee you it doesn't come back out 10mm.

Page 244 of 411 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast