Hi

I don't think that the delta approach is a good one unless you have very specific print requirements. The Cartesian printers are generally much better general purpose / starter printers.

One example:

The delta guys like to talk about diameters. Their print surface is circular so this makes a lot of sense. Cartesian guys talk about X and Y. Let's say they both are talking about 10". I can print a 10" diameter item on the delta or the X/Y. If I go to a square base object, I can print a 10" x 10" on the X/Y printer. I can only get to about 7" square.

A very biassed observation:

You might question the use of the same number for each printer. You get a different result if you use area. These days a "small" printer is 8" diameter (or X/Y). A medium sized machine is 10" diameter (or X/Y) and a fairly large X/Y printer is 12". On the list of printers you have found, the delta printers are a bit more expensive than the X/Y's for a given size build pate (8" diameter vs 8" X/Y). If you do a comparison based on cost, the delta comes out even worse.

Why focus on the size of the build plate rather than the height? Most stuff that you see built other than demo prints of a vase, is shorter in Z than the max dimension in the X/Y plane.

There is no denying that a delta has a very cool look to it. It is a great conversation piece in that respect. The effector is designed to be very light weight, so that gives you speed. You get some issues as a result of that same decision (Bowden tubes etc).

Bob