Ok, looking at your photo I think you have bigger problems. The printer should never print a line higher than what’s on that slice so I’m not sure what’s going on. It's hard to tell from your photo but are you getting any curling of the base meaning, is the base warping and pushing up one corner so that it’s higher and gets hit by the head?

attachment.jpg

Using the photo above I've marked some things we need to look at with numbers. Before you can get a good print of anything I think you have a few things going on.

1. This looks like a ridge that is higher than the overall layer. This should not happen. Is there warping on that far corner that we can't see? Any plastic that is higher like that will get bumped by the head and cause trouble.
2. There is some roughness here that looks like a high spot too. It looks as if the printer is randomly extruding too much material and making high spots. I'm not sure how that can happen randomly though as it's generally a global problem.
3. This looks like a warp but the closest edge to the camera looks straight. I looks as if the print head dipped lower in just that spot. Could your printer have loose rods or is the extruder platform loose. Something is not making sense there.
4. and 5. These look odd, maybe a bubble or gasout from moist filament. It needs to be stored in a bucket with desiccant or something to keep it dry. You can't leave it out for weeks and then have it perform well as it absorbs moisture.

Have you printed any of the "torture" tests from Thingiverse? Until you get a clean print and good calibration of your printer you are going to have issues printing "anything" and will produce bad prints or have prints knocked loose. Below is an example of a clean test print. Until you can print something like this, the dog may not ever print well.

KISSlicer_TowerTorture.jpg

What is your printer and what have you done to calibrate or fine tune it? That will help us diagnose. Someone else may join us here also who may have a better idea of what's causing your poor printing issues.

Now, to address the immediate problem, getting the dog to print. Have you tried printing it with support material turned on. This will print thin risers that support overhangs, etc. It also gives a little rigidity to the print to help with warping, although, that depends on where it is and how much there is. In your case. I don't think it would stop warping but may improve the overhang issues. It makes more work because you have to remove it with an Xacto knife or something but for many overhangs, it's critical that you use it, or the print will never survive.

Why don't you do this, print a test cube and post it back. Once we diagnose that cube, we can solve issues so that the dog will print well. Here's a link to a test cube. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:38108