Yea, that had me going too. It would be a nightmare to play with that paddle if you are a "paddle flipper." I'm no pro but I do use both sides of the paddle when I do a backhand.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a designer and I love to see people do things that are "out there." I does help to stimulate ideas and thoughts to do things like that. If nothing else, they learned a lot about the structural qualities of the material, warping and a host of other things that could have gone wrong. Look how flat the table top is. It must have been a challenge to get that. Taking lessons learned from "far out" projects like this can lead to techniques that can be successfully used on "real world" concepts. It seems odd initially to consider ever doing something like this but it is a valuable component of the design and experimentation process, and I think a necessary one.

While I am still chuckling about it, I'm also wondering what great things they learned about printing large objects. I still have trouble with warping on objects less than 100mm wide. So, maybe I should stop chuckling....hmmm....