Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
I am curious as to what your planning to print that requires such exact tolerances?

I do a fair amount of prints for industrial applications. Have made some gaskets, spacers, even a couple inner-splinned gears for my buddys lathe. Never was there an instance where a 1/10mm variation would have made one lick of difference.

edit:
Only thing I can think of would be a spacecraft.....
Hate to be the bearer of bad news bud, but these plastics wont hold up to re-entry =P
I have some products that hold miniature ball bearings and 48 pitch transmission gears. The adjustments I make to mesh are in .1mm increments. The bearings must slide into 10mm diameter pockets. I have to tolerance for not only plastic shrinkage, but also how the layers grip the outer bearing race. The first time you insert the bearing it can be tight. However when removed and reinserted the bearing actually slides in easier since it kind smooths the layering ribs flat.

This isn't the norm for 3d print though. A lot are more organic designs that can be off by 1-2mm and no one will notice.