Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Nope, not tried any of those - but be careful when ordering sun-lu on amazon.

I bought a roll of red from 'other suppliers'. was less than £10 delivered.
    But it is NOT sun-lu. Not in the sun-lu box, not on a sun-lu reel and doesn't have the sun-lu sticker.
    Haven't tried it yet, so no idea if it's any good or not. But it's definitely not what it claimed to be.

The sun-lu white is great stuff. Very slightly translucent, so doesn't seem to suffer from the brittleness of most white pla. Think they've dialled back on the colourant slightly.
    But it's lovely stuff to print with. run it at 215-220

And ama - yes colourant makes a tremendous difference.
    For example Green filaflex and ninjaflex, works really well in my creator. ANY other colour of either filament just won't even load, let a lone print.

@ralph, the woodfill and laser engraver is a good combination. You have to engrave at a slower speed (higher number). For example I engrave leather at 40 on the slider. But woodfill I've been engraving at 100. Take s a lot longer, but gives really great results.

I've had no issues with woodfill - but I do have the Fine version. Very very small wood particles.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Good idea on engraving woodfill - is the fine version a new upgraded version of the filament? I can only find one woodfill on the Colorfabb website.
    How about engraving regular PLA, does it give good detail?