Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
I have gotten a few small prints to work in that material. But anything over 3hrs or so seems to be a no-go as it will clog.
The biggest issue I seem to have with it is over time it gets eaten by the feed gear, and the gear becomes smooth. And this is happening to me after 3-4hrs print time, and I am running both feed assembly and low-pro feed gear rated for materials like Ninja-flex on my right side. Still get jam after few hours.
This failure did appear to be in the feed mechanism, and there was nothing but shavings from that filament loading up the stock QIDI feed gears teeth. I guess that's to be expected as the feed gear was spinning with no filament motion. Longest (and last) print I did with it was about 2.5 hrs.

I gotta say, getting to the extruder and such for these repairs is a real pain. I cannot imagine performing the level of maintenance that you regularly execute. I would be spending all of my free time dis and re assembling with no time left for actually printing. And it probably wouldn't work then because I broke something. I guess all that practice must have a positive impact on how quickly you can strip one of these apart, but it took me hours...