Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
Yeah it does sort of point toward a possibly dying stepper motor or driver, I just didn't want to freak him out

The fact that you can get one print out of it and then subsequent prints it starts to happen - then yeah Eagleseven is right, either the stepper is getting tired and dying or the driver is, I would lean toward the motor first and the stepper driver later ..

ironically this happened to me last week also, and now I think about it it was causing me very similar issues but
I did not let it print that far because I could see the inconsistent extrusion when I was loading filament. It would extrude.. .then sort of thin out then go thick again etc.

I thought blockage, but I cleaned it out completely. Replaced the stepper motor and all problems ceased. The motor had done over 3000 hours of printing, so it had a good life.
So it has been a while but I was horribly busy with work and didn't have very much time for printing. Thanks for the replies. The problem got worse and I think you guys were right. I changed the nozzle, the tube and switched the motors. I still had the same problem even after all of that on the same right extruder. The filament just seems to get lazy and doesn't want to come out. If I push the filament through it goes fine but when I let go it doesn't extrude anymore.

So that leads me to believe that if I switched the motors and I'm having feeding issues on the same right extruder then the problem must be the driver? Is this on the motherboard? I have to look this up to see how to change it. I've been fixing issues on the extruders (clogs, leveling the heads, switched the motors) but I've never tackled an issue with the motherboard.