Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
I live near the Mississippi river and in the sumertime the humidity in the house is 70-80% and in the winter time 15-20%. Running a dehumidifier is loud and expensive (especially with these kinds of RH levels). My filament I stuck in a 20 dollar weatherproof container (it is not hermetically sealed though) and two Evadrys in it to keep the RH below 25%. When the RH goes to 27% I recharge the evadrys for 12 hours. Normally I get 5-8 weeks before the RH gets back to 27%
Storage is not an issue, I got that sorted out.
Ya know you can just get silica packs, and back the silica in an kiln/oven to make it useful again. You can do this about 4-5 times before it goes basically inert. Can get about 200grams of high-grade silica for $5, Takes about 10grams to keep 3 1kg spools as dry as they ever gonna get.

There are ALOT of single room dehumidifiers that are rather quiet and take as much energy to run as your typical small household appliance.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Value-Bund...962143&veh=sem
This is the one I plan to purchase (the fan is gonna be taken apart and used in venthood system). Along with a few 1/4" sheets of Lexan. Gonna box the printers in with the lexan, port the top for heat/fumes, 2 ports at bottom on either side, for dehumidifier intake/output.