Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I can get some green - at the moment the blue is all I have.

last night I upped the tooth count and shortened the teeth. so the big ones are now 12 teeth and the smaller ones 8. They mesh beautifully, turn smoothly without anoy of the catches I was getting with the 7 toothed gears.

My only issue is the distance between centres. I'll have to look/squint (lol) at that picture again.
    But if you say one gear is 10mm and one is 6mm - then half the diameter and you've got 8mm between centres, but at the that point the gears are simply touching, not enmeshed. so you either need slightly larger gears or a distance of somewhere between 7-7.5mm
    Or it's just not going to work.

ps, just had a look on globalfsd and no green xt, assuming this is xt. The problem is I was given it by a dutch guy in a hurry at a tct show who just pulled it off a big unmarked reel, and he never actually told me what it was.
    It's definitely not pla or abs - so xt is the only other coloured filament they made back in 2014.

Basically blue is what I've got :-)
    I can buy a large reel from their website, but you're the looking at around $60 just for a different colour. If I could find a 10 metre sample it would have been around $7 anyway.

And while this is amazing stuff, it's too expensive to just buy because I might need it in the future.

But can't find anyone selling coloured xt samples.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-11-2016 at 04:50 AM.