Close

Threaded View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Printbus, you're amazing. Thanks for all the help.
    I've simply seen a lot on my printer and on the printers I've helped others with, and usually have some spare time on my hands...

The symptom with the x-axis sounds a lot like what Marlin will do if the endstop switch isn't wired right or connected to the RAMPS electronics board right. The printer starts to move and then goes "Stop! Already at the endstop!", and all you get is a blip of motion. I don't know how the switches are supposed to be wired up on your printer/firmware. Firmware can often be configured for them to work as either normally-open or normally-closed switches. Make sure you've got the x-endstop wires on the right terminals on the electronics board. See if all of your endstop switches are wired the same; one wire should go to a terminal usually marked C (for common). All the switches would usually have the other wire going to the terminals marked the same - NC (normally closed) or NO (normally open).

You could always manually engage the endstop switch and see if that makes a difference on the x-axis being able to move. If it does, you've shown the x-endstop switch is wired/connected different than the firmware is expecting.

If you have the printer connected to host software (Pronterface, Repetier-Host, etc.), you could try sending the printer gcode command M119 and see what response you get. It should return the current state of each of your endstop switches. Resend it multiple times, manually activating and holding each of the endstop switches each time. You should see the M119 responses changing as you activate & release the switches.

BTW - It isn't used much, but there is a subforum here dedicated to the Geeetech printers. You might post future threads in there. Look for it under the Rep Rap grouping. One of the moderators here has a Geeetech.
    Last edited by printbus; 05-03-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: edited for clarifications