Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
Which firmware are you using? I have working config files for a couple of versions of Marlin if it would help.
I'm using RC6 4/20/16 ... I had configured auto bed leveling on that but it doesn't DO anything.
I switched that to Mesh Bed Leveling with a Z Stop. (You have to level it with a piece of paper.
It ignores the Z-probe for G29 S1 or S2.) And somehow M420 S1 has to actually enable it???
It doesn't really 'say' in the code. (firmware. One is supposed to know.)
BUT, RC6 lowers the probe and smashes it into the bed (ignoring the z-probe) with a G28 X Y:G28 Z
---

Mesh bed level really doesn't know where the probe is. It assumes one levels with a piece of paper.
But it now uses the probe (but doesn't know if actually isn't even over the bed, how high, etc. Nightmare.)

Auto Bed Level knows where that probe REALLY is. But, takes the nozzle and grinds it into the bed (because
it actually isn't doing any Z adjustment...)

--

However, I went and fixed the firmware. But, my X axis NEEDs to be level or all heck breaks loose. So I shove
a shim to try and get the nozzles level... They are perfect right now. I'm using MBL not ABL. I have a Z min stop,
a Z probe, min and max stops all around.