Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
Acceleration should never be turned off. Tuned yes, off no. Acceleration doesn't cause ringing, it attempts to reduce it. Best bet is to remove the left stepper at least when not in use. It is more work to remove the left extruder and wiring but is good to do also. When doing this it is a good time to separate the left extruder wiring into its own conduit.
On a Ramps based system (uses Marlin) we can't really turn it off but I was reading all over the Internet and I read so many places that said to turn it off so you know precisely what the motor is going to do and could control the ringing. I know absolutely zilch about Sailfish so when I read about acceleration being able to be turned on and off that was a new one for me. Once I read to turn it off and it might help that sunk in (I never was able to get rid of ringing 100% on a Marlin based Ramps I3 setup but we can't just turn off acceleration. I do believe 0 would be the same thing). On Marlin I had to reduce my acceleration so much to help ALMOST eliminate the ringing you might as well have said it was off.

All of the above is with one Wades style extruder with a 74 oz-in Nema 17 on it. So, if I had ringing with one motor I can only imagine with two hefty motors there.

Does Sailfish have a Jerk setting? Jerk mattered a whole lot in Marlin for reducing ringing and for making sharp corners or more rounded ones.