Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    For the "PC glue" portion, just use the included scrapper to slowly remove the blue print surface. The blue sticker is rather sticky, you will have some sticky residue on it, I think some label remover might help remove it. I took out the whole build plate and it was easier to do. I dun think you can bend or warp the build plate by just removing the blue sticker. It is quite a solid piece of aluminum block.
    Good to know as I will be moving over to glass especially after I read how PLA sticks to that for all there is.

As far as my Z question I am backwards engineering as much as I can and it looks like they use (if the steps I am seeing is correct for the Qidi) a M8 8 pitch for the leadscrew. Ugh. Still plenty of resolution so no worries and after the people (there have been a few) got that bent they offered to send another but that sucker is part of the motor (like the robot digg ones) so man, I sure hope mine comes alright as all of those screws mentioned earlier this would be a task. Personally a new printer should be sent out and a return sticker issued if it happens. My fingers are crossed.

This leaves X and Y tooth count.

I just looked and 8 pitch versus a 2 pitch is a huge difference as it isn't just resolution. So, this is one mod I would do asap for reasons I would be glad to get into.

How long is that Z leadscrew?
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 04-26-2016 at 03:41 AM.