Close

Page 120 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 4110
    Well, the Flashforge Creator Pro 2016 is out now so all printer prices have gone up by 200 dollars. Amazon I can almost guarantee will send you a 2015 for the price of the 2016 until their stock is gone of them. It is the way of Amazon but I still can't see what they did to it to justify 200 more except some plastic handles? Imo the FFCP has only one thing going for it over the Qidi and that is the 10mm Z axis smooth rods which I have read cured a lot of ill stuff on the old 8mm version. Z banding and rippling was the most read issues that doing the 10mm cured. After all it is a cantilever design so the stiffer those rods are the better and 8mm is just inadequate.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Actually I have read some reports of people getting a 2016 model when they thought they were getting a 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Actually I have read some reports of people getting a 2016 model when they thought they were getting a 2015.
    Depends on the warehouse that it came from as Amazon does not use a single central warehouse. The graphics shown on their web pages is still of the 2015 just the price went up to the 2016 model's price.

Super Moderator
    http://amzn.com/B00I8NM6JO

That is the 2016 model. Since the pics show the newer model, a customer should be able to return a 2015 back if that is what they get.

Amazon Flashforge doesn't warehouse at Amazon, they all ship from China.

http://amzn.com/B00I8NM6JO

That is the 2016 model. Since the pics show the newer model, a customer should be able to return a 2015 back if that is what they get.

Amazon Flashforge doesn't warehouse at Amazon, they all ship from China.
    Ahhh, the graphic I saw was of the older model and Ships from and sold by FlashForge 3D Printer. I just saw that thanks to your reply.

As far as returning it probably could with the page showing a 2016 model now but that would be up to Flashforge since Amazon isn't the supplier. I have found that when something isn't shipped by Amazon you are on your own (I have been burned a couple of times so I now only do items shipped by Amazon) but I am sure FF would take of it.

Super Moderator
    Actually in this case you can return back to Amazon. There is a return point, and someone on Ebay buys the returns and auctions them off. There are actually some pretty good deals to be had on returned Flashforge printers on Ebay. Usually they have a small easily fixed issue with them and then good to go. They usually go for 600-700 or so. I haven't looked at them for a while on Ebay but did bid on a few a year or so ago, at the time I thought they were getting too close to a new price of a similar clone. Microcenter was selling a PowerSpec printer for 799, which is actually a Flashforge (Qidi isn't Flashforge). So at 799 just couldn't see paying 600-700 for an unknown, when I could get a brand new one for 799 and a little tax. Microcenter has moved on to their Ultra model which is electronically different and isn't as good in my opinion since it can't run sailfish firmware.

Actually in this case you can return back to Amazon. There is a return point, and someone on Ebay buys the returns and auctions them off. There are actually some pretty good deals to be had on returned Flashforge printers on Ebay. Usually they have a small easily fixed issue with them and then good to go. They usually go for 600-700 or so. I haven't looked at them for a while on Ebay but did bid on a few a year or so ago, at the time I thought they were getting too close to a new price of a similar clone. Microcenter was selling a PowerSpec printer for 799, which is actually a Flashforge (Qidi isn't Flashforge). So at 799 just couldn't see paying 600-700 for an unknown, when I could get a brand new one for 799 and a little tax. Microcenter has moved on to their Ultra model which is electronically different and isn't as good in my opinion since it can't run sailfish firmware.
    Funny you mentioned that because I was just looking at that same printer early early this morning but couldn't see what differences there was and there is. I gave up when it can't be shipped and the closest Microcenter to me is in Atlanta and that is 650-900 miles away depending on which roads you drive to it.

As far as not shipped by Amazon anytime I had an issue was when it was shipped from China and it took a long time to get Amazon to make it right whereas if shipped from, and by, Amazon I am super protected. A lot of the times they do not even want the item back when they make it right.

Super Moderator
    Ya, I am sure they have a price threshold where it isn't worth sending back.

The Microcenter Ultra is mechanically the same as a Flashforge, but Microcenter specced the Dreamer electronics and software for it. If a person was looking for a Dreamer and was set on it I would recommend the MicroCenter ultra since the hardware is done right. The Dreamer thermocouple is a bad design, but since the Microcenter Ultra doesn't have this thermocouple flaw it actually isn't too bad. However I need access to the acceleration parameters that Sailfish firmware offers and it is only working on a Mightyboard based printer.

Ya, I am sure they have a price threshold where it isn't worth sending back.

The Microcenter Ultra is mechanically the same as a Flashforge, but Microcenter specced the Dreamer electronics and software for it. If a person was looking for a Dreamer and was set on it I would recommend the MicroCenter ultra since the hardware is done right. The Dreamer thermocouple is a bad design, but since the Microcenter Ultra doesn't have this thermocouple flaw it actually isn't too bad. However I need access to the acceleration parameters that Sailfish firmware offers and it is only working on a Mightyboard based printer.
    See, I am only used to a Ramps based system and this Sailfish is supposed to be faster than a Marlin (what is on a Ramps) so they claim, but I am so used to the Arduino IDE that I am not even sure how to mess with Sailfish for things like Autobed leveling (if I were inclined to do that again) and jerk/acceleration settings. I demand access to those so I can dial in the parameters as my machine ages and keep a top notch printing machine (besides I like to experiment).

Speaking of ABL there is a matrix version being worked on and I am waiting on Roxy to find the time to code it up as that may take care of my taco for a bed (this adjusts for not only leveling but for non flat surfaces). The problem is on an I3 they use all threaded rods and ABL was horrible on it. With leadscrews (my next upgrade I was going to print up for it) ABL is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    No problem, I got the video referenced in my research log - and it's from your post (http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post84507).

I really had no idea to use that much hairspray until watching that video, thanks for the prior information and I'm glad that may be the solution for TK4426's sticking issue.
    Well 3 thick coats of Aquanet and still seeing raising issues. When I first got the glass this was not an issue. ABS bed temp at 110c and again at 115c both times I get raising/curling.

Page 120 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast