Close

Threaded View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    Sorry , but 'Sailfish' is Really a 'Downgrade',
    for the CTC !

Note: that's my conclusion from what I've read,
    I've Not had a need to try Sailfish myself.
    So it's a downgrade, but you have absolutely no experience in using it or how it might be beneficial? I am finding your posts rather frustrating to read I must say. I know I can often spout on with some rubbish, but at least when I do, it's because I went through the experience myself - sure my advice may be totally wrong, but it comes from a place of understanding and previous experience.

It's not a matter of "need to try sailfish" it's a matter of trying to improve the machine. Now, I haven't upgrade my CTC but I'm saddened you would tell me not to before I've even tried without even giving an example why. It's fine to say don't do it.. because x, y, x etc.. But you are saying don't do it because someone else said don't do it.

The CTC is shipped out with Firmware 1.0

Do you know how old this is now? nearly 5 years. Yes you read that right, the firmware running your CTC machine is nearly 5 years old. Do you not think there has been any significant improvements in the past 5 years that could help with some of the woes this printer presents us with? of course there is. Will they make the printer work better? possibly, it all depends on what your problems are.

The absolute, most massive point of upgrading to Sailfish is the ability to slice with Slic3r and not the cruddy alternatives we have for Flashforge and CTC. Right now, for anything serious you need GPX (This is the way Simplyfy3D streams to X3G via USB) and I for one would like to treat my CTC like all my other printers and use Slic3r.
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-18-2016 at 07:59 AM.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com