Close

Threaded View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post

Not just one answer to any question round here :-)
    No ,but it helps if you give the right answers

I know you don't do alot of dual colour printing, but I do and from his problem, and the fact that one nozzle prints and the other doesn't, well - it's pretty black and white. Assuming he is using the same material, i.e PLA and PLA and he is printing at the same temperatures (or let's say 200-210) then there shouldn't be any curling. If he is using the same materials, the variance in temperature shouldn't make that much of a difference, at worst he might get some dribble - but to not have it stick to the plate and curl up - while the other one does - really, is it even a question?

If one of the nozzles is 1mm higher than the other, we all know what that means - the bed will be level with one, but not the other and you can't level the other because the first nozzle will hit the bed before it let's you - so you need to adjust the nozzle height manually to get them spot on.

how many times have you calibrated your nozzle height for dual colour prints? surely you would have seen this scenario at least once if so. He was concerned that different suppliers filament might not dual print - no this is not a problem, I don't think I've ever dual colour printed with the same manufacturer in both nozzles.

So, eliminating all the things people think it is, and actually focusing on what the problem is - the solution is basically an M2 Hex and some patience.
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-19-2016 at 07:34 AM.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com