Quote Originally Posted by Donziboy2 View Post
ABS seems to be the hardest material to get right sometimes, I have had some prints come out flawless and then larger prints just refuse to stay stuck. I am still working on getting ABS to behave. A few things have helped.

Starting with a fresh build plate with a fresh layer of Gluestick or tape. both tape and gluestick loose there holding power after a few prints.
Getting the bed Z height set, if its to high the first layer will not stick.
A brim sometimes helps.
Slow down the print speed, I have been playing with print speed and that seems to help allot.
Reduce infill when possible, more plastic means more warping from cooling.

My last print was a large shroud for a heatsink(100*69mm)/fan(92mm) combo, the print was pretty large and i had a brim, it still managed to pull up all 4 corners but the center stayed stuck, even with all the warping it was a SOB to pull off the plate.
The bed height is set so I can shove (won't easily slide in... needs a push) a piece of paper in between bed and nozzle. I am using cheap dollar store glue stick, maybe I should go buy a good quality glue stick instead. I have tried a 5mm brim and it seemed to help a tiny bit but ultimately the part still lifted.

I am going to try a raft next and I will slow down the print speed as per your suggestion and see what that does for me. I would like to reverse the direction of the e3d heatsink fan but worried about not providing enough cooling for it so hopefully somebody who knows can chime in with some info about that.