Quote Originally Posted by CescoAiel View Post
Hear hear! The only thing I would like to know is, if I order now when *approximately* could I expect to get it shipped?...

As hobbes said, there *are* other projects out there, which aren't as far as peachy right now, but might overtake it...
Some of them even get close in price.

(For instance there is one that uses visible light (so not UV) activated resin (but no word on resin pricing!), a special resin container, a traditional upside-down lift model, and a SMARTPHONE (which slides under the resin container) to build objects, for approx $100, but no info on how far they are, and when they might have something for end-users! Also, the smartphone screen seems to be the size-limiting factor there, but I could imagine it could get expanded to include tablets or possible laptop screens...)
The smartphone alone will cost you 100 USD. I really wouldn't want to tie up my phone every time I wanted to print, nor be limited to the small size, so that makes a machine that has a real cost of twice as much, but is still less versatile.

They actually do have a timeline, but it is... aggressive. They expect US delivery by the end of Aug and the rest of the world by the end of Oct. The Peachy should be well into the backerkit buyers by then (hopefully).

Resin that reacts to visible spectrum like makes me a tad nervous, as (at least) minor amounts of inadvertent exposure are inevitable. On the flip side, it looks like they've got resins with about 4 different physical properties: Hard, Soft, Elastic, and Waxy (for lost-wax casting), which is pretty nice.