Quote Originally Posted by ARTISAN View Post
soo...after leveling...and then leveling again...and then agaaain
i jump to the deep waters and printed somthing big!!

printed that thing
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:947594

went on (allmost) maximum hight 140mm
ther was a fail...end up 130.66mm...it had a fail that the filamnt gut tagle in the spool
but it is 130.66 all over.! )

ther are small warping in few places..but they are scattered in some places so im not sure wich is in the back
but i can live with them...for now (only to 3 day printing)

cheers to you'll!!
12919399_1061139670611887_1402453092_o.jpg
I have found maximum height I try to print on the Flashforge is no more than 14.5cm.

The machine says 15cm, but I have never ever been able to print at maximum height - the printer slows down so dramatically that it makes a mess of the last few layers, so I try and keep max to 13-14cm.

Sometimes you cannot get it completely perfect perfect, so please for your sanity sake don't try and chase down the perfect print and spend all your time on that. I see alot of people here get 1 printer and spend months calibrating and fine tuning it - trying to make it print like a $4000 ultimaker 2, but there is a pretty simple fact you can't ignore, this cost you a 1/4 of that price, so you can't expect it to be absolutely perfect without doing some serious work - luckily you have alot of support from people here that have done just that, so would be a good idea to go through all the threads in here.

Threaded rods can be slightly bent, not much you can do about that unless you replace them - and you won't know if it's bent until you start doing gigantic prints that take up the entire volume of the print bed - and even then they are not so bad. Once you start building things in seperate printed pieces, you are gluing them together, using putty etc - any print issues you are going to sand and fill anyway.

Sure, if they are small parts that are never to be painted or assembled and they have to look good as a raw print, then yeah I would spend some time getting it right, but for now have fun with your printer, figure out how fast you can go and what that does to the quality.

Also please, use Makerware http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...load-%28x64%29

If I had used Simplify3D when I first got my printer, I would have gotten nowhere. It takes a very long time to get it setup to do what makerware will do for you automatically. YES S3D has alot of things you can't do in makerware, but worry about those things later, it's a longer process, more complex and I really do not think the print quality on S3D is any better than what I can get out of makerware - just with less features to play with.

You can get something called proftweak for Makerware which gives you more options, but on my last PC build, I neglected to install it and use makerware bare, and really it does the job fine on my flashforge.