Quote Originally Posted by flatty_420 View Post
Oh, I like this idea.
Thankfully I had some extra T-Slot nuts left over because I did not want to have to remove the other ones.

Also, I had to remount the relay switch to the very bottom of the wood because there was no way for me to insert a USB type B connector into the Arduino.

I am still a bit worried about how the relay is wired to the bed. The wire itself is not very flexible and I am afraid that over time it could wiggle loose and become a fire hazard. I think there are some possible solutions floating around the internet on how to fix this. If anyone knows of a good solution, please share! I do have some very flexible 12 gauge wire that i could try to replace it with. I might also consider some type of strain relief compression fitting to implement where it takes the movement stress off of the relay itself.

I am not much of a mechanical or electronics type of person, and I have found myself swearing a few times putting this 3D printer together, but I have learned so much. MF's website says: "The average builder can complete the Maker Farm 10" Pegasus 3+ hours from start to printing." I think that's a stretch to say the least, but I can easily say it took me over 24 hours of tinkering with this. I know...very slow, but I want to know why I am doing what I am doing.