This might be an interesting read:
http://peachyprinter.ipbhost.com/ind...yers-are-made/

like querts said ... we are already using some of the techniques that carbon 3d talks about, to add to what querts said Ill take a shot at explaining the situation too:

thoughts on oxygen and its effects with peachy and carbon3d:

1. The earths atmosphere has oxygen in it so all of peachy printer prints from the very beginning have been taking advantage of having a layer of thin layer of originated resin that dose not cure as readily as the resin below it. In the case of the carbon3d the oxygen layer prevents the cured resin from sticking to the window... peachy dosent have that problem in the first place, but the oxygen layer we have on the surface still helps a peachy printer, because it helps the surface of the printed wall stay wet, which is good because the resin flows over a wet wall much quicker and with a thinner coating than it dose a dry wall.

2. One pass of our laser dose not fully cure a layer, each pass is more or less doing the work of curing the last 10 layers. Each pass dose add a layer but the newest layer is like gel, it needs more passes to cure it fully... the laser light penetrates many layers deep into the resin and so after many passes the layers are cured gradually. we think Oxigen helps this process as well. So this is a feature of oxygen that peachy printer and carbon3d type printers do share. ... but this is not new, all top down printers would have this feature.

The carbon3d might be novel and new because as they say they figured out how to get oxygen through a window. but with peachy we don't need to do that because we print on the surface where oxygen from the atmosphere is already present.

Every thing Ive said above it just what I think is true... I could be incorrect, and if so I would love to find out