When I tried the painters tape and hairspray I didn't have a chamber around the printer to keep the heat in so that could be why they failed. When I 1st tried the Elmers Xtreme glue stick (tried regular glue stick which failed, but I didn't try to contain any heat either) I took a little portable heater I have and had it blow directly on the ABS which is why it probably worked. Haven't tried the ABS slurry yet, don't want to deal with the mess and difficulty removing the part.

The consensus is it looks like I need a better way to contain the heat than some cardboard boxes tapped together I guess. Hard part is dealing with the filament holder as it sits on top of printer and makes it difficult to cover completely. Gonna look for a better holder and talk to the local sheet metal shop that my work deals with and see if they can make up a thin box with a small window (can glue some lexan to it so it's sealed) so I can see inside while it's going. Ribon cable for lcd is quite long so maybe I can have it so I can put it outside the chamber so I can adjust things on the fly.

Thanks for the info.

Would a wooden frame wrapped in poly work to contain the heat if I can seal it up pretty good? Not that I'm any better at carpentry than I am at 3D printing, but the deck I built last year is still standing so I have some hope. lol