Quote Originally Posted by asadpasast View Post
IMG_2143.jpg
So I recently got printer and wanted to print something. When I started printing I heard a weird sound and when I took a closer look I saw the PTFE tube, the teflon tube, getting grinded by the gear that is pushing the filament. So I took the whole thing apart, cleaned it, and assembled it. Well, same thing happened again. The tube is getting pushed out from the nozzle,and plastic is accumulating in the nozzle. Anyone knows how I could solve this? I am including picture of the tube getting pushed out from the nozzle. (third time I tried to run the printer.)
Thanks a lot.
The teflon tubing inner diameter is too thin in your case (filament can be a bit fat sometimes... don't worry not a big deal)

.. this is why it's happening..

1. The plastic being fed into the inside the teflon tube is expanding and literally leaving no space for movement.
2. When you print, your extruder runs both ways.. it prints and then retracts/reverses very fast inbetween movments to stop plastic dribbles on your prints.
3. Because the filament has expanded, when it's doing the retract it's slowly pulling the teflon tube out of the barrel and eventually hitting the feeder gear.

How to fix:

1. Take out the teflon tube completely.
2. 2 options next...
A)Get a 2mm Allen key and poke it through the teflon tube (hard at first) and when you are all the way through, turn the allen key around and around and around and increase the inner diameter of the teflon tubing until its easy to pull in and out. This is a safer way than option B

OR

B) Use a 2mm drill bit and drill the teflon tubing and make it wider - BUT if you do this make sure all scraps of teflon are out of the tube before use!!! you dont want teflon powder going down your pipes.

Ideally you want to increase the inner teflon tube diameter but not the outer diameter obviously.