Close

Threaded View

Student
    Add PrintGuy on Facebook
    to those who may be following this thread the problem has been solved and this is what it is:

Simply a design limitation/problem with my existing 3D printer. I'm guessing something to do with the heat bed. I have a FlashForge Creator Pro. It does PLA and small ABS parts well but large ABS parts will simply not stick to the bed. Even the seller of this printer acknowledges it except they said it was because of the shrinking nature of ABS. Too bad cuz the flashforge people have excellent customer support but not the best designed printer sad to say.

I purchased another 3D printer and the exact same large ABS part came out near perfect and with no lifting from the heat bed what so ever. I did not need to apply hairspray. The new printer is a 3Dwox made by a Korean Company. For the record, no i don't work for them. But so far i'm super stoked with the new printer. It is clearly very well designed and was only $1,300. I paid $1,200 for the flashforge and there is no comparison. you're welcome in advance to anyone who buys the 3Dwox based on this input.

IMG_2958.JPG
    Last edited by PrintGuy; 03-19-2016 at 04:28 AM.