The code has nothing to do with what machine is being used. I mean, it could but it's like saying "my friend uses a Mac and she doesn't have that icon in the corner". Your friend's CTC could do the exact same thing as your Qidi Tech if he/she wanted.

Sure, that code may be cut and paste but I believe there are comments to help you. I am pretty new to G-Code but it's not that hard to figure out.

Code:
G1 X-100 Y-65 F9000 ; Move to front left corner of bed - This is better than the values you quotes since it keeps it on the corner rather than off the bed
G1 Z0.3 F6000 ; Move down to purge - remove this if you don't want it to lay down the line
G1 X90 Y-65 E24 F2000 ; Extrude a line of filament across the front edge of the bed - remove this if you don't want it to lay down the line
G1 X100 Y-65 F180 ; Wait for ooze - remove this if you don't want it to lay down the line
G1 X110 Y-65 F5000 ; Fast wipe - remove this if you don't want it to lay down the line
G1 Z1 F100 ; Lift  - remove this if you don't want it to lay down the line

Your friend's skirt is probably not part of the start g-code but rather a choice he made in the print settings of the slicer. So you can choose to add a skirt to your prints as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
I don't know exactly where that script came from, but my friend uses ReplicatorG and a CTC, and it doesn't do all of that. It moves to one corner, heats up, lays down a skirt, and then starts printing. I think someone with a good understanding of gcode, needs to come up with a proper profile or script for these printers, instead of copying random stuff floating around the internet. Hopefully I will be able to do this myself once I can understand the code and the functionality. This is what I usually end up doing when I get into something like this.