Close

Page 34 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    I use glass but have never stripped out the leveling screws.
    How much do you crank down on the screws to level the plate?
    I have between 1/2" to 5/8" of a inch between the bottom of the build plate and the support arms.
    Since I've never seen a maghold in person does it add any height in thickness over the stock build plate?
    The maghold replaces the entire building plate. It doesn't take away from the build volume, if anything it might take 1/32" off. I also have about 1/2" between the build plate and the support arm. I think that during the installation of the new plate some of the thread on the screws rubbed off against the arm and made it hard to use the wing nut.

Also, I started noticing that my printer is scaling down the object when ever I print from the sd card and when I do 30%infill. Does anybody might now why is that?

Engineer-in-Training
    I was going to get a MagHold plate as well.
    Don't think I'm going to now though, just another glass plate or 2. I'm sold, glass+aquanet is the way to go. Have printed in PLA, ABS, and PETG so far. Everything sticks during print perfectly, and falls off the plate with a touch at anything under 40c. Cleaning and repreping the glass for next print is stupid easy too.

@migdobbs:
    It sounds like you should replace the plate mounting hardware. You mention some of the thread semi-striped. The plate springs keep a fair little load on that hardware. This is probably the source of your constant need to recallibrate the plate. The wingnuts are drifting, knocking things out of level. Thats one of the drawbacks of fine-threaded hardware....its pretty easy to muck up.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    It won't help stripped screws but I recommend these knobs that slip over any wingnuts you may use for build plate leveling or glass mounts.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:604579
    Makes it easier to adjust then with just the wingnut.

It won't help stripped screws but I recommend these knobs that slip over any wingnuts you may use for build plate leveling or glass mounts.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:604579
    Makes it easier to adjust then with just the wingnut.
    I went ahead and replaced all the screws with the old build bed and I'm using these http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:243998 to hold the nuts. Instead of using the wing nuts I'm using the spare nuts that came with the printer. So far they slide much easier than the wing nuts. I have no idea how all of this happened.

Student
    Heya Gang,
    So I ordered my Qidi Tech 1 Sunday last week and got it this past Thursday. So far I have been very impressed with support, my address was wrong from PayPal and they contacted me immediately to correct the address. My Package was shipping 30 minutes after I sent the corrected address.

White ABS and Orange PLA
    Sailfish 7.8
    New Extruder but I have to assemble the fan (simple)

Going to order glass but looking for best place and pricing. As for now the base Plate is leveled and ready to print. Going to run a few test prints then print the suggested printer modifications to add to the printer. Unfortunately I have to travel out of town again and will have to wait a week to start playing. Thanks for all the advice so far.

Oh and since I saved I went ahead and got Simply3D
    Last edited by DJalin1; 02-28-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-bo...glass/=11846mp

Best place I have found for glass. The plates are real nice, no sharp edges, really happy with mine.

Student
    You went 5 mm right, how is that working for you?
    Is there any benefit between 1/4 inch (16/64) or 5 mm (13/64)

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Have printed in PLA, ABS, and PETG so far.
    So now that you have printed all 3 what is your opinion of each?

Technician
    I think most of the people here that own Qidi Tech 3D Printers and have had to deal with them will attest that there support is very responsive and fair. From what I've read even better then Flashforge's.
    The two printers for all practical purposes are nearly identical. True they have rearranged the fuse bits on the mainboard to make it more difficult to upgrade firmware but it's possible I've done it.The firmware that comes with the latest model is up to date Sailfish.
    If you want to save a little more on a new Qidi Tech it can be bought on Ebay for $649.00 shipped and while your there check out Qidi Tech's part prices.
    Although it's getting a little long I welcome you to read through this entire thread and see for yourself how Qidi Techs support has done.
    Thanks for your helpful response. I think I am going to go with the QIDI and hopefully the latest version of Sailfish firmware is good enough to last me for a while. I'll cross the road of any future firmware upgrades when that time comes, I suppose. Hopefully they support their customers in that regard (even if that means a motherboard swap).

Page 34 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast