Close

Page 28 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    What can I clean the blue pads with to prep for print?
    Will I need bonding agent (glue stick all I have till tommorow) for PLA?

Had to stop for a bit to feed my kids and eat a bit myself. But Im ready to turn it on, get those bits out and start printing.
    Guess Im gonna go with default setting in S3D and see what happens.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    What can I clean the blue pads with to prep for print?
    Will I need bonding agent (glue stick all I have till tommorow) for PLA?
    I didn't do anything to the blue pad, just started printing on it and I had no adhesion problems... til it can time to pull the parts off. It was very hard to get the parts off.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I didn't do anything to the blue pad, just started printing on it and I had no adhesion problems... til it can time to pull the parts off. It was very hard to get the parts off.
    That's why I changed to removable glass glass plates. I tore up my first blue pad pretty quickly getting prints to release.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    That's why I changed to removable glass glass plates. I tore up my first blue pad pretty quickly getting prints to release.
    My glass plate should be here in a couple days.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    I have a nice glass plate from MC, got here along with the printer. But I need to calibrate the machine, level the buildplate, and get those bits of filament out.
    Was gonna try a 20mm cube and the z-axis shim for first go, in PLA.

I may hold off till tommorow to get it going though. Im getting a roll of PETG tomorow that would be much better for the hold-down clips.
    Not sure if I even got the right shim. Found 3 shims that said 'for FF creator pro and 1/4in glass" but all 3 looked totaly different.

Im guessing I should do the buildplate calibration before I heat it up ya lol.

Engineer-in-Training
    There is no 'PlateLeveling.x3g' file on my SD card.

There is however a 'testung software.x3g' and this seems to be the only thing on the provided SD card.
    Can anyone confirm this is the plate leveling routine??

Technologist
    This is how I leveled my build plate:

Engineer-in-Training
    That seems to not be working for me.
    I am out of thread on all 3 bolts and nozzle is still 1.75mm away from the buildplate.
    Any ideas what I did wrong?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    I use the level utility built into the printer.
    Using the display goto utilities and select Level build plate.
    The printer will now home the z axis and move the extruders over the build plate.
    Move the extruders over each adjusting screw. Using printer paper between the build plate and extruders and adjust until the paper barely drags.
    Do this over each of the 3 adjustment screws. After leveling at the 3 adjustment screw positions move the extruders over the center, center left and center right to make sure you have the same clearance.
    If you run out of adjustment you plate is way off and you need to start over from the beginning.
    When you first do this it can be frustrating but will get easier with practice.

Qidi support is balking at sending me an updated controller board with sailfish 7.8. They insist that 7.2 is much more stable than 7.8.

Can I get your experience with either firmware version? Is 7.8 unstable?? I thought people were getting better print quality with sailfish 7.8?

Page 28 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast