Close

Threaded View

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Well i would take the ultimaker 2 if you have the cash, Its a great printer all around, very silent and you wont have to bother with it when you have it that much,

Robo3D has some problems, Problems that can be solved! But they are still problems,
    Also i've heard that the stock hotend is pretty bad and you should replace it with another hotend asap.

So like i said, I personaly would go with the Ultimaker,
    The first or the second, thats up to you,
    If i could decide again, it would be a decision about money, If i had enough, i would take the ultimaker right away.
    I was impressed by its specs, definitely... is there a reason you'd take it over the new fifth gen Replicator, consider it would be the same cost? I ask because Make seems to believe the Rep 2 is superior to the Ultimaker 2, and since the new Replicator has auto-leveling, I figure that's a very big plus. Thanks, appreciate your input on this.

edit: I think it's also important to note the larger user base for the Makerbot. I just hate that it's so expensive when it's limited to filament type, lack of heat bed, and resolution. But again, could still produce better quality work, I just don't have experience here.

edit #2: Bummer, just realized the Ultimaker 2 uses 2.85-3mm filament... not that popular here in the U.S. Much easier to find 1.75mm, though if the quality is that much better with the UM2, I'd still be willing to go with it.
    Last edited by atoff; 03-02-2014 at 05:12 PM.