Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
OOh, 'scope of possibility'. So not an actual tried and tested thing then :-)
We are in the design stages. Some of the functionality we have built into our prototype which we have been actively using to print these days. We are continuing to develop it and add more features and that's where the community feedback is really helpful. We want to design something people actually believe will improve their 3D printing experience.

Ah one box per printer. See now that's definitely NOT what i got from the survey and the website. I definitely got a lord of the rings 'One Ring To Rule Them All' vibe.
Which I thought was a good idea.
So this would just be an add on box for a single printer. Hmm, then it would have to be very cheap indeed. Or people would simply buy a printer that already had a control panel and lcd attached.
Or buy a $40 android tablet, velcro it to the front of the machine and use octodroid.
Or some cloud based thing software.
We may be able to support more than one printer with each MakerX, but we are thinking of it like an extension to your printer. Affordability is definitely the goal. MakerX is intended to make it so you don't need to buy the fancy WiFi printer with an LCD attached to achieve to get the features that provides the printer. One MakerX connected to two printers would allow them to both be WiFi supported, but it would retract from the ability for the MakerX to be a universal indicator for each printer since it would be connected to two at once. Since we are still designing it is possible we will got that route.

And I have to admit, I'm impressed by the fact that you're answering all us cynics and standing your ground - good on yer :-)

If you need any beta testers - I'll give it a go :-)
Thank you for your praise, we are trying to be interactive with the community because you naturally know what you want to see. Any feedback is valuable for sure.