Quote Originally Posted by jjmouris View Post
Morning all, my first post here. Been in contact with Rylan a week or so ago. My intended application is very demanding in that I am after very accurate prints. Looking at making carbon fibre laminate parts strait off a print.

Was just wondering how much of the laser power is lost if it shines through water as supposed to air. Would it not be an idea to have a layer of normal water on top of the resin to help remove the surface tension? The water would put pressure on the resin and smooth it out? If the water does soak up some of the important rays, can we overcome this with slightly higher laser power?

For the Peachy Pro, would it be possible to adjust the laser power on the go? Then you could vary the focus and the laser power to print a thicker patch across the printing surface to save time and go down to a tiny spot round the edges to improve the finish?

J
Wellcome jjmouris!

Just did a test to make sure, 405 nm light from our laser shines thru water very well, just as i thought there is no noticeable drop in cure rate going thru 2 cm of water.
I think water carry's Blue light very well, and lots of deep sea creatures emit blue light, taking advantage of this.... googling.....
looks like we(405nm) just snuck in ! http://library.thinkquest.org/26153/...ages/elec1.jpg

Looking forward to testing this idea out. There is a liquid that would help by being above the resin I think it would do so with its adhesion properties not its mass which.
In fact i think the mass of the water on top the resin would make things worse not better, as there will be less pressure difference in a void filled by water than a void filed by air.

As for the pro we have high hopes of accomplishing everything you mention, but are still in the early stages of R and D.