Close

Thread: Firmware help

Threaded View

Technician
    I have the full graphic LCD, and will be using the HXT-900 Servo that clough42 recommends. Depending on which version of Marlin you are running (I will be configuring 1.1 RC-3), we may need to look into some of the other configuration files. RC-3 already has a pin defined for a 5v servo (pin 5), in the pins_rumba.h which I will be using in my build. I also run my hot end fan on fan1, and set up autocooling in configuration_adv.h ALSO, PLEASE NOTE THE PINOUT OF EXP3, you will have to rewire your servo to plug into the rumba board. Details are in the link at the bottom of this post.

Here is a running list of changes that I have made since installing the itty bitty double flex extruder v2. I still need to configure my esteps, offsets for the probe, finely offset the extruders and adjust some of the auto bed leveling details. Also, would like to adjust the X/Y range so that I can fit both nozzles on the whole bed surface. Not quite there yet, but I will update this thread as I make those changes. This will get your printer up and running, and you can maybe get to the finer details of calibration before I can.

First off, download the stock RC-3 Marlin firmware from github. I extract it into a folder with the RC/version name so I can revert if it ends up buggy (mine is named Marlin-RC 1.1rc3). Now we will dig into configuration.h. I typically pull up my new default configuration.h with my previous version in a dual window set up and use notepad++ to make the code easier to read.

Here are all of the lines I have changed, and the new values I used in configuration.h:
    #define STRING_CONFIG_H_AUTHOR "(dustmann, IBDFv2 RUMBA config)" // Who made the changes.

#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RUMBA

uncomment #define CUSTOM_MACHINE_NAME "Ex Machina" // you can put whatever you'd like here

#define EXTRUDERS 2

uncomment #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 27.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
    uncomment #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 0.0} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1
    #define TEMP_SENSOR_1 1
    #define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1

#define HEATER_0_MAXTEMP 280
    #define HEATER_1_MAXTEMP 280
    #define HEATER_2_MAXTEMP 280
    #define HEATER_3_MAXTEMP 280
    #define BED_MAXTEMP 125

change // Ultimaker to // Makerfarm
    #define DEFAULT_Kp 26.00
    #define DEFAULT_Ki 1.33
    #define DEFAULT_Kd 127.14

#define DEFAULT_bedKp 342.46
    #define DEFAULT_bedKi 58.06
    #define DEFAULT_bedKd 505.00

uncomment #define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS

#define INVERT_X_DIR true
    #define INVERT_Y_DIR false
    #define INVERT_Z_DIR true

#define X_MAX_POS 310
    #define Y_MAX_POS 300
    #define Z_MAX_POS 305

uncomment #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_FEATURE // Delete the comment to enable (remove // at the start of the line)

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 30
    #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 270
    #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 0
    #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 270

#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 3

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 28 // Z probe to nozzle X offset: -left +right
    #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -20 // Z probe to nozzle Y offset: -front +behind
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -6.32 // Z probe to nozzle Z offset: -below (always!)

#define XY_TRAVEL_SPEED 6000 // X and Y axis travel speed between probes, in mm/min.

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 15 // How much the Z axis will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.
    #define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 7 // How much the Z axis will be raised when traveling from between next probing points.
    #define Z_RAISE_AFTER_PROBING 7 // How much the Z axis will be raised after the last probing point.

#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {75*60, 75*60, 2.5*60, 0} // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,4000,668} // default steps per unit for Ultimaker
    #define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {200, 200, 2, 17} // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {1000,1000,5,1000} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 750 // X, Y, Z and E acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
    #define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 500 // E acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts
    #define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION 750 // X, Y, Z acceleration in mm/s^2 for travel (non printing) moves

#define DEFAULT_XYJERK 20.0 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_ZJERK 10.0 // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_EJERK 10.0 // (mm/sec)

uncomment #define EEPROM_SETTINGS

#define PLA_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 200
    #define PLA_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 60
    #define ABS_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 225

uncomment #define SDSUPPORT // Enable SD Card Support in Hardware Console
    uncomment #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER //this enables the smart controller for the LCD
    uncomment #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER //this enables the full graphic LCD

uncomment #define NUM_SERVOS 1 // Servo index starts with 0 for M280 command
    uncomment #define Z_ENDSTOP_SERVO_NR 0
    uncomment #define SERVO_ENDSTOP_ANGLES {{0,0}, {0,0}, {85,0}} // X,Y,Z Axis Extend and Retract angles
    uncomment #define DEACTIVATE_SERVOS_AFTER_MOVE
    #define SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 500

CHANGE IN CONFIGURATION_ADV.H:
    #define EXTRUDER_0_AUTO_FAN_PIN 8 // make sure hot end fan is plugged into fan1
    #define EXTRUDER_1_AUTO_FAN_PIN 8 // make sure hot end fan is plugged into fan1

Useful links:
    http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?15...505#msg-286505 (explains the EXP3 servo connection)
    https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin (where to download stock firmware)
    http://reprap.org/wiki/RUMBA (RUMBA wiki, offers pinout schematics)
    http://reprap.org/wiki/PID_Tuning (PID autotuning reference)
    Last edited by dustmann; 02-15-2016 at 10:22 AM.