I second your goals. Great find on the lasershark! just looked at the Pegasus galvo drivers and they appear to be the same boards.

My goals are to really improve the printer, get it to where it should have been to begin with and then offer other owners the upgrades.

We should indeed own it, as we bought it and FSL3D has dropped the ball, so root access is important. You can't even sell the printer without a license transfer fee, so if we can open it up make our own control software, FSL3D will have no control over it.

Mechanical and design fixes I've already started:

I inverted my Z-axis as my printer was older and came with the motor down low and would impede the vat from tilting. Looking at a possible ball screw upgrade if we can control stepping.

I have investigated getting a better aluminized glass first surface to increase reflectivity.

I've started designing and ordering parts for a new ball joint build head for fast single point leveling.

I've also investigated and found a suitable acrylic with the proper wavelength blocking properties for a new door.

I have a company 5 minutes away from me that I've worked with before that can make a new attractive case or I may do an aluminum extrusion based case.

I'll be incorporating a new power switch that should have came with the printer originally.

I've been looking into and working out a new PDMS-less vat that will be much better than the $250 piece 'o' junk that FSL3D offers.

Also, pending more access to the firmware/software heated resin tank, PDMS wiper if the upgraded non-pdms vat doesn't work out.