Close

Replacement part for Spool tubing holder.

Hello all,

I recently picked up a FlashForge Creator Pro (PowerSpec version) open box. Upon opening the box, it came with a damaged tubing holder.

I would like to replace it, but...I don't know what it is called. I included a picture of it to show you guys. I just want to make sure my printer are secured when printing.

Thanks

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    go to thingiverse - type flashforge in the search box.
    Watch lots and lots and lots of spare parts for your printer appear. Including several types of tube holder :-)

Here's one: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:370903

Alternatively you could simply make your own.
    Just a flat piece of plastic with a couple of holes and a hollow cylinder. Probably take about 2 minutes in openscad :-)
    But I like the thingiverse one as that helps stop filament getting behind the spools and tying itself in knots. Hasn't happend to me for a while - but smaller spools and samples wrapped on small spools will do this regularly.

The guide tubes really Need to be further away from back of printer anyway,
    so find a good guide mounting assembly at thingiverse and Replace All those parts there.

There are many different designs at thingiverse, so choose one that positions the guides
    so they will have good alignment with full-spools.
    (some designs position guides too tight against the spool)

Thanks for the reply, I was kinda hoping to find the actual part number for it. I like all parts to be the same, anyway it doesn't really affect my print.

It was just something I thought about fixing.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    The guide tubes really Need to be further away from back of printer anyway,
    so find a good guide mounting assembly at thingiverse and Replace All those parts there.

There are many different designs at thingiverse, so choose one that positions the guides
    so they will have good alignment with full-spools.
    (some designs position guides too tight against the spool)
    I 2nd this.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by djprinter View Post
    I 2nd this.
    Yeah, 4 flashforges on my shelves, all of theme have this upgrade, all of them have stopped having issues with spooling. Plus the thumb screw plastic wheel for easier adjustment - both are HIGHLY recomended!

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorL View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I was kinda hoping to find the actual part number for it. I like all parts to be the same, anyway it doesn't really affect my print.

It was just something I thought about fixing.
    ??? Why worry about parts that are a very Poor design ?
    It will effect your print when filament gets hung-up behind spool.
    Replace them with a part that really works properly !