Close

Flashair III and FlashForge Creator Pro

So I've searched the forum and read some post but I'm still at a bit of a loss for how to get this running properly. I just got the 16 GB FlashAir III and want to upload files to it to print from my Creator Pro. I've loaded FlashAirUI_V0.2 onto the card as linked in another posting and accessed it via the URL... I uploaded a file and waited for it to say done but the file is nowhere to be found. Now I'm just scratching my head trying to figure out why it's not working. Anyone have pointers?

Technician
    A few possibilities. One is the filename. It must be an x3g extension. Watch out for special characters. And if your firmware is old enough, might need to be short (8.3)

Try putting a very simple name like "a.x3g". If still no luck, try eject and reinsert (I know that defeats the purpose, but it's a good data point).

Thanks, will try that out.

Just an update; somehow now it magically works. Now if only I could get one of those remote controlled outlets so I could turn on the printer and upload files remotely.

Technician
    I plugged mine into a PowerSwitch Tail and wired that to my Raspberry Pi that is running OctoPrint. And then I added "Turn printer on" and "Turn printer off" command in the system menu.

Sweet, maybe in the future I'll get me a Pi but right now I'm needing the more basic upgrades such as a glass build plate.

BTW if anyone else runs into problems with 404 error when trying to open upload.cgi here's what I did to fix it:

1. Install FlashAirToolV3, insert card into your card reader, launch the application then select the "initialize" option and proceed. This will reformat the card with the factory files.
    2. Eject the card and then reinsert it into your card reader. Now using the tool, turn off forwarding and make sure that FlashAir Drive is OFF. Eject the card and reinsert it again.
    3. Open the folder for the FlashAir and navigate to the SD_Wlan folder (you may need to make hidden files visible).
    4. Open config using your fav text/script editor (don't save as a windows formatted file).
    5. Under [Vendor] your first line should be UPLOAD=1 (I've found that putting it anywhere else causes upload.cgi to return a 404 but your milage may vary).
    6. Change the network settings in the config file to your routers SSID and password and change the APPMODE to 5. This will make the FlashAir work as a client instead of it's own AP.
    7. Save the file and close it. Eject the FlashAir before removing it from the card slot and place it in your printer.
    8. Power on your printer then navigate to the IP of the card with /upload.cgi at the end.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by king3d View Post
    BTW if anyone else runs into problems with 404 error when trying to open upload.cgi here's what I did to fix it:

1. Install FlashAirToolV3, insert card into your card reader, launch the application then select the "initialize" option and proceed. This will reformat the card with the factory files.
    2. Eject the card and then reinsert it into your card reader. Now using the tool, turn off forwarding and make sure that FlashAir Drive is OFF. Eject the card and reinsert it again.
    3. Open the folder for the FlashAir and navigate to the SD_Wlan folder (you may need to make hidden files visible).
    4. Open config using your fav text/script editor (don't save as a windows formatted file).
    5. Under [Vendor] your first line should be UPLOAD=1 (I've found that putting it anywhere else causes upload.cgi to return a 404 but your milage may vary).
    6. Change the network settings in the config file to your routers SSID and password and change the APPMODE to 5. This will make the FlashAir work as a client instead of it's own AP.
    7. Save the file and close it. Eject the FlashAir before removing it from the card slot and place it in your printer.
    8. Power on your printer then navigate to the IP of the card with /upload.cgi at the end.
    I'm curious if you're having issues with larger files. I've set up 4 printers with these cards, have found larger files have issues - or atleast prints stop before completion on large files. Not every large file does it, I plan on trying to use a copy with verify on my next round of big files. Haven't tried the upload.cgi, I just set mine up a shared network drives on my pc.

Anyways, curious on your experiance with large files.

I've yet to add any large files but right now my printer is out of service while I'm waiting on replacement extruder fans.