Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
I received these 2 blue rectangular sheets with my printer. There are no clues as to what they are in the shipping docs or on the flashforge site. Apparently Flashforge does not even sell them in their shop. After a bit of googling ive found out they are a print bed material known as Polyetherimide. Supposedly they are fantastic and can be used for both pla and abs and require no extra prep for surface sticking.

My question is this, after putting this stuff on the bed it seems as if the normal printbed temps that ive been using for the last 4 months are no longer compatible. Does anyone have any experience with this material?
I've used them a couple of times. One of them came on my FlalshForge. I wore it out rather quickly (the platform was possibly too hot). It is very easy to remove it: just heat the platform to 120 deg C or so and carefully peel back one corner (carefully because it's hot!). Then I used my palette knife to remove the adhesive from the platform while it was still hot. Not the easiest job in the world, but not too bad. Then I let the platform cool and pasted a new one on.

I've read accounts from others about using acetone and other solvents to remove different things from the aluminum bed, but the way I did it wasn't hard.