Okay, so after using the multimeter I can confirm that my electrical socket is wired correctly so that's not the issue. I tested for voltage coming off of the printer when it is plugged in and if I don't switch the heater on it stays at about the background voltage levels, but as soon as I turn the heater for the extruder on, the voltage climbs (almost like a capacitor) in every part of the printer that is connected to power, to about 1.7 volts AC. I am not sure if it will hold more, because 1.7 volts doesn't seem like it would shock me, but I could be wrong. I made sure it wasn't an error with my multimeter by testing unground screws in the acrylic frame, and they all read the background voltage (natural free voltage), but as soon as I touch any metal on the machine that is connected to power, it jumps instantly to 1.7 volts. What's really strange is that after I turn off the heater, the voltage lowers slowly, last I looked at it it was 1.2 volts. So it is charging and discharging a lot like a battery or a capacitor every time it is plugged in.