Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
Thanks for the tip, I am going to be assembling them sometime this weekend. I am planning on using the single until I am out of 3mm filament then switching to the double and 1.75 filament. While I haven't really had any issues with 3mm filament it seems like every time I go to order filament there is a ton of 1.75 available in what I am looking for and no 3mm.

Have you ever thought about trying to incorporate the Cyclops or Cimeron with your dual design?
Same here. I have always used Hexagon hot ends with 3mm filament and been very happy. I recently installed a pair of E3Dv6 hot ends for 1.75 on my 12" printer, and they're working well, also. I'm not totally sure the E3D is much better than the Hexagon or that the 1.75 is better than the 3mm. They all seem to work pretty well.

I do seem to get better layer adhesion with the 3mm Hexagons, but there are a lot of variables, so I'm not sure exactly what is causing the difference.

The Cyclops and Chimera are bowden hot ends, and all of my extruders are direct drive. I've thought about it, but I haven't put much time into it.