Quote Originally Posted by japat View Post
,and there can not be 1000 buyers giving high marks for a product that is bad
1000 reviewers gave it a good mark ? Well & good. Have never heard of it before. Would that be a case of "1000 reviews, 1 IP adress" ?

i am taking a chance but my plan is to place it on a 3/4 plywood board and if need be ,,,,easy to run extra braces ,that why people pay 3 times more for metal just to make it more stable , so why pay 3 times more when for a few dollar ,get plywood and a couple straps to make this as solid as metal , i don't think it will need extra support but i like to have a backup plan . i like the way this is designed and the old saying is ( keep it simple stupid ) if this 3d printer becomes hot seller the price will go up .it already jumped on ali express. ,,,,,,,,, i just hope i am right about this 3d printer and will not know until Christmas ,i think its a good gamble ,i don't like acrylic one more reason why i went with mix g3
So let me get this straight ... plywood is better than metal but acrylic is a big no no ? ... I won't bother commenting that one.
most everything is made in china
True enough. The difference is in the mindset. Having spent 3 years in China for work purposes I can tell you that Quality and aftersales are not even an afterthought. They aren't there. That's why I'm confident to buy a made in China product from a western company. They will ensure the end product quality filtering, proper aftersales service and adress whatever design issue with appropriate update.
With a Chinese company : whatever you get, once you have it, you're stuck with it. Customer protection laws in western countries ensure that customers are protected from such behaviours... where these laws apply.

Since 3D printing is still "young", and people have the bad habit to go for new products with no history : a lot of infancy problems (in the design) have to be dealt with. Now come and say that Chinese manufacturers have a history of acting responsibly in face of such problems. That'd be a great joke.