Close

Threaded View

Sorry about the cross posting. It may not help reduce surface tension, but I think that a thinner resin that can flow easier should be able to fill in faster and more uniformly. this should make for a better finish, more uniform layers, and any reduction in surface tension is a good thing.

As far as complicated, a simple aquarium heater should suffice. A more complicated system using PID controllers is not a requirement. It's just a better system to have steady temps.

I think you aren't giving those who ordered the kits enough credit. When ordering the kit we already need to supply our own reservoir and build tank. How hard is it to add a heater to the mix? This is childs play for most anyone who will be using the kit. I think that if it gives a better result, then many will be willing to go that little extra bit to achieve it.

I'd love to do the experiment myself, but I have 2 problems...

1. I don't have a peachy yet. I plan on putting my preorder in after this next pay period(yay overtime).

2. I don't have a peachy yet.....

edit: After further research on the subject, it seems that there is little to no correlation between viscosity and surface tension. The only way I have determined to lower surface tension will be with an additive, which may adversely affect the bonding during curing of the resin.

That said, it is still my firm belief that raising the temp to lower the viscosity would be beneficial and at the least would result in an ability to print at faster speeds with better results.

and I found yet a third reason why I can't complete the experiment on my own...

3. I still don't have a peachy yet....
    Last edited by Deadbot1; 12-05-2015 at 03:55 PM. Reason: further research.