Thanks everyone for the replies so far.
A few questions and comments..

1. Is printing ABS unrealistic at this time? Why does it need a enclosure? I just feel it's most durable for what I'd like to do.
2. I'm going to just forget about having a 10 x 10 x 10 build size. I can just build in smaller sizes and piece things together.
3. That Monoprice China company scares me. Read up a bit on these forums, and one fellow had one that essentially self destructed. Maybe I just need to open my mind.
4. What's the difference between the Printrbot Metal and Plus? They look quite similar, but the Printrbot metal is quite a bit cheaper.

Because of Printrbot's well known reputation, I feel that maybe I will start there. On Amazon.com, I'm able to find a Printrbot Simple with a heated bed for $750. Sweet. But, I have to be patient and wait until I'm certain on what I'm buying. Once again, I really appreciate everyone's time and effort they've put into helping me discover a printer that suits my needs.
Hopefully others in my situation, especially with Christmas around the corner, will be able to look upon this thread and find some useful information.